- This event has passed.
Building Blocks! Learn to Knit with Saundra Fowler (3/13)
January 21, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $20
Learn new skills as you knit a beautiful afghan one square at a time!
It’s a new year! Why not begin the year with learning all those knitting “ins” and “outs” you’ve been wanting to learn!
We will meet on Sundays from 2:00 to 4:00 and each week will isolate a new skill that will add to your knitting repertoire of skills. Over the course of 13 weeks we will knit 12 blocks to create a beautiful afghan, and then all those finishing techniques on week 13!
When you’re done, you can say, “Yes, I did knit that!”
During the course, of this class you will learn the following skills:
- Pattern Reading
- Increases and decreases
- Yarn over and bobbles
- Left and right twists
- SSK and Make One
- Binding Off
- Finishing your afghan – blocking, seaming, weaving in ends
CLASSES MEET THE FOLLOWING SUNDAYS
2 to 4 p.m.
- Knit/Purl – January 7th
- Charts – January 14th
- Yarn Over and Bobbles – January 21st
- Simple Decreases – January 28th
- Cables – February 4th
- Right Twist – February 11th
- Mock Cable – February 18th
- Slip Stitch – February 25th
- Left Twist – March 4th
- Slip Slip Knit – March 11th
- Make One – March 18th
- Advanced Decreases – March 25th
- Finishing – April 8th