- This event has passed.
Building Blocks! Learn to Knit with Saundra Fowler (2/13)
January 16 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm| $20
Learn new skills as you knit a beautiful afghan one square at a time!
It’s a new year! Why not begin the year with learning all those knitting “ins” and “outs” you’ve been wanting to learn!
We will meet on Tuesdays from 4 to 6 pm and each week will isolate a new skill that will add to your knitting repertoire of skills. Over the course of 13 weeks we will knit 12 blocks to create a beautiful afghan, and then all those finishing techniques on week 13!
When you’re done, you can say, “Yes, I did knit that!”
During the course, of this class you will learn the following skills:
- Pattern Reading
- Increases and decreases
- Yarn over and bobbles
- Left and right twists
- SSK and Make One
- Binding Off
- Finishing your afghan – blocking, seaming, weaving in endsCLASSES MEET THE FOLLOWING TUESDAYS
4 to 6 p.m.
- Knit/Purl – January 9th
- Charts – January 16th
- Yarn Over and Bobbles – January 23rd
- Simple Decreases – January 30th
- Cables – February 6th
- Right Twist – February 13th
- Mock Cable – February 20th
- Slip Stitch – February 27th
- Left Twist – March 6th
- Slip Slip Knit – March 13th
- Make One – March 20th
- Advanced Decreases – March 27th
- Finishing – April 10th